Actual comments received in 1996 from the Bridger Wilderness registration sheets and comment cards.
- Trails need to be wider so people can walk while holding hands.
- Instead of a permit system or regulations, the Forest Service needs to reduce worldwide
population growth to limit the number of visitors to wilderness.
- Ban walking sticks in wilderness. Hikers that use walking sticks are more likely to chase animals.
- All the mile markers are missing this year.
- Found a smoldering cigarette left by a horse.
- Trail needs to be reconstructed. Please avoid building trails that go uphill.
- Too many bugs and leeches and spiders and spiderwebs. Please spray the wilderness to rid the
area of these pests.
- Please pave the trails so they can be plowed of snow during the winter.
- Chairlifts need to be in some places so that we can get to wonderful views without having to
hike to them.
- The coyotes made too much noise last night and kept me awake. Please eradicate these annoying animals.
- A small deer came into my camp and stole my jar of pickles. Is there a way I can get
reimbursed? Please call ___ ___ ____.
- Reflectors need to be placed on trees every 50 feet, so people can hike at night with flashlights.
- Escalators would help on steep uphill sections.
- Need more signs to keep area pristine.
- A McDonalds would be nice at the trailhead.
- The places where trails do not exist are not well marked.
- I brought lots of sandwich makings, but forgot bread. If you have extra bread, leave it in the
yellow tent at V Lake.
- Too many rocks in the mountains.
Created, maintained and © by John Hubbard (write to me).
Hosted by Dreamhost.
Last modified: July-23-2003.